- Let’s start with the gutters and downpipes (drain pipes on the exterior of your home). If these are filled with leaves and debris, then a thorough gutter cleaning service will be in order. In addition to clearing the gutters, the gutters themselves as well as the downpipes can be washed and restored to new either by cleaning, or in the case of iron or led gutters, painting them.
- The outside of your home came be cleaned rather easity. All you need is a solution of 3 parts water and 1 part bleach (for rendered and painted walls) and try spraying it through a pressure washer. Pressure washers can be purchased for very little in most DIY stores across the UK.
- Take a look at your foliage. Do you have dead or dying bushes in your garden? Dig them out and replace them with a flowerbed or new plants. Sometimes they just need a tidy up as sections of the bushes clipped, where they have seen the last of their days.
- Next, make sure the front of you home is not cluttered with throw-aways or old toys (for parents) or worse, overflowing rubbish bins. Clear the area up and make a habit of not leaving eyesores where everyone can see them.
- A little decoration goes a long way. See if there are areas where touch ups are needed. In most cases (unless the home exterior is totally destroyed) you can patch and paint the exterior sections of your home, making sure to cover the full width of the space, so that you don’t have conflicting paint tones.
A lot of our customers ask us about making their home more attractive on the outside. It can easily be achieved by setting aside some time and just doing the above.